A Prayer for Revolution
James F. Gauss
January 27, 2012
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
Heavenly Father, in the name of Your Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior of all who will accept His sacrificial work on the Cross of Calvary, I fervently pray that you send a spiritual revolution upon America.
I pray that You raise up this year bold and godly men and women of righteousness in Your Church across America that will lead Your people in a heart-wrenching repentance; a repentance for:
- Remaining silent and unmoved by the murder of millions of innocent children through grisly abortion;
- Remaining silent when prayer was taken out of our schools;
- Remaining silent when the practice of homosexuality and other perversions were sweeping the land;
- Remaining silent as corruption and injustice were running rampant throughout the country;
- Remaining silent as church leaders perverted Your Gospel;
- Remaining silent as politicians led America into bankruptcy, stealing the financial future away from current and future citizens;
- Remaining silent while You were banned from the halls of government, education, our places of work and our communities;
- Remaining silent as the country’s defenses and military are gutted and weakened;
- Remaining silent as subversive forces are allowed to infiltrate the land under the guise of freedom of speech and multi-culturalism;
- Remaining silent as anti-American politicians and other leaders pass laws or make judgments that subvert the sovereignty and freedom of the land.
Father, may You raise up godly men and women in the tradition of those bold men and women who spoke out against oppression and tyranny during the Revolution that spurred the founding of this great country, the United States of America, and may the spirit of repentance flood the land with seeds of revival like never before.
So, that You, Father, will be lifted up as the One and only Sovereign Lord of America.
So, that You, Father, will be our One and only Trusted and Faithful Leader.
A revival, Father, that will return the heart of America’s people to You; to a foundation of faith in Your saving grace and redemption.
A revival, Father, that will return America back to the foundations of God-inspired truth, justice and personal freedom so that we may once again be a “light” on a hill; “salt” on the earth.
A revival Father that will bring godly wisdom and knowledge to our thinking, understanding, decision-making and voting decisions.
Thank You Father for so richly blessing America in the past; for revealing Yourself to those who set the godly and just foundations of this country so many years ago.
Thank You for Your mercy and grace.
Tags: 2 Chronicles 7:14, Abortion, Anti-American politicians, Founding Fathers, Freedom, Injustice, Oppression & Tyranny, Perversion, Political corruption, Prayer for America, Presidential Politics, Repentance & Revival, School prayer, separation of church and state, U.S. Indebtedness, U.S. sovereignty, U.S. weakened military, USA Bankruptcy